Can Tinnitus Be Cured?
Unfortunately, there’s no permanent cure for tinnitus. But there are a number of ways you can reduce the impact of tinnitus on your life.
Treatment for Tinnitus
The key to managing tinnitus is to try and pay less attention to it. That might sound obvious, but you firstly need to stop worrying about it. Stop focusing on the noise and start finding ways to reduce the stress it’s causing you.
- You might try yoga, meditation or other relaxation techniques.
- Avoid noisy situations which will only make it worse. Perhaps use some sort of ear protection like ear plugs or ear muffs.
- Hypnotherapy or cognitive behaviour therapy, which is offered by clinical psychologists, can help you control your mind’s focus on the sounds.
- Your tinnitus could be made worse by hearing loss. If you have hearing loss, hearing aids can take the strain away and help you perceive other sounds better. We recommend that you have a hearing check-up.
- Lifestyle changes including diet (ease off caffeine, chocolate, alcohol and quinine) may help. Quit smoking and keep active. You also might find ways to mask your tinnitus such as listening to relaxing music