Free Hearing Services for Pensioners and Veterans
Many Pensioners and Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) clients are eligible for support through the Australian Government’s hearing care scheme which is managed by the Office of Hearing Services (OHS).
These services include free hearing aids and hearing care services. These services include counselling and the supply of subsidised hearing aid batteries.
Smart Hearing Solutions is an accredited provider of these services.
To benefit from the OHS hearing support scheme you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident 26 years of age or more, and must fit into one of these categories:
- Pensioner Concession Card holders
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Card holders
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs White Repatriation Health Card holders specifying hearing loss
- Recipients of a sickness allowance from Centrelink
Also eligible are:
- Dependents of a person in one of the above categories
- Members of the Australian Defence Forces
- Referred clients of an Australian Government-funded vocational rehabilitation service
- Some NDIS participants with hearing needs
Eligible adults in the above categories need to apply for a Voucher (which entitles you to subsidised hearing services).