COVID-19 & Hearing Care
This terrible COVID-19 pandemic has meant changes for all of us.
But it certainly hasn’t changed our commitment to caring for our client’s hearing care and keeping them – and the whole community – safe and healthy.
Here’s an update on what we’ve done to make sure our clients feel comfortable and happy to trust us with their hearing health during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- All of our staff have undertaken COVID-safe training to ensure everyone is following the procedures outlined in our COVID management plan.
- We’re keeping abreast of all SA Health advice on the right thing to do to protect our clients and staff.
- We make sure to have hand sanitiser available for everyone who comes into the clinic.
- When you visit our clinic, we have face masks available if you need them.
- We allocate 15 minutes between each appointment to allow for proper sanitisation of the room and reduce the number of clients in the waiting room.
Extra hearing care services during the COVID-19 pandemic
While our face-to-face consultations are proceeding as they always have, we have added extra services to better support our clients, including:
A free online hearing screening test.
You’ll find this 3-minute hearing check on our website. It will provide you with quick and useful feedback about your hearing. It tests a person’s ability to hear the loudness and pitch of sounds.
To do the test, make sure you’re in a quiet room. All you need is a pair of headphones. Immediately after you’ve done the test, we’ll email your results.
Free 15-minute video consultation
Once you’ve done your hearing screening test online, you’re entitled to a complimentary 15-minute video consultation with a qualified clinician. This has been especially popular when we’re all trying to ‘social distance’ to keep ourselves safe. It’s also useful for people who are less able to get around due to ill health or disability.
If your hearing needs further treatment, we may then ask you to come into the clinic in person.
‘Drive-by’ hearing aid repairs and adjustments
Once again, if you feel you’d rather not come into the clinic, we can arrange to meet you nearby in your car. Both our locations have ‘click & collect’ car parks designated by the shopping centre.
All you need to do is:
- Call ahead to let us know you’d like to arrange to drop-off your hearing aids. Then, let us know when you’re nearby – and confirm where you’re parked.
- We’ll come out to the car, collect your hearing aids and take them back to the clinic for repairs or adjustments. If it’s something simple, we’ll do whatever’s need in-clinic, otherwise, we may have to send them away to the manufacturer.
- We’ll give you a call to let you know when your hearing aids are ready and can then arrange to deliver them by mail or when you return.
Remote hearing aid adjustment services
If you need a follow-up appointment with your clinician and would like a longer appointment but can’t, or prefer not to, come into the clinic in person, we can arrange for a remote appointment. *
- For this type of appointment, you can use any type of smartphone.
- The clinician will link-up with you via video chat and adjust your hearing aids from the comfort of your home.
Don’t worry if you haven’t done this before. We can talk you through it before the video call.
* Remote adjustments are possible for most types of hearing aids, although some of the older technology is not compatible. In these cases, we may still need to adjust your hearing aid in the clinic.